• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

Panzer07

Deleted my muffler and hooked up the exhaust system to my hmmvw's raise exhaust pipe...fortunately it isn't as bad loud as u thout it would be...still got to paint it black and warped the section close to the plastic with some heat reducing tape. Not that it is needed but for a piece of mind...i don't want melted plastic
66b4398792e820d80014affceebdf4cc.jpg
00c65af5974895a741a5624aa4c2edfb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ordieh

Arrived in southern Colorado last Saturday and have been out on three easier trails in the South Fork, Ouray and Lake city area. It has rained and stormed every day so things are pretty slippery. Plan to stay through August and hoping trails such as Black Bear, Corkscrew and some others dry out making them a bit safer to attempt. I have been on most of the trails in the area and it can get pretty dangerous when the ledges are soaking wet!

Ghostbuster

I installed one of those all aluminum radiators from Amazon. I also got new radiator hoses.

What a total crap show that was.
I thought it was going to be relatively easy. I was wrong.

I had to drill a hole, and widen another to get the ac condenser to fit on the new radiator. The mounting brackets were off.

I ran into many other issues mainly just problems figuring stuff out.

But no leaks! Yet...

c9c7cc0fbca6c2278d1673f48771dc01.jpg
a58f8354240b7178d8c13ae080233d97.jpg
1a657e5f74269544cbd95a762d28c6f3.jpg
351188e9e8ab9ace2c4609813f7bca42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjferencak

I installed one of those all aluminum radiators from Amazon. I also got new radiator hoses.

What a total crap show that was.
I thought it was going to be relatively easy. I was wrong.

I had to drill a hole, and widen another to get the ac condenser to fit on the new radiator. The mounting brackets were off.

I ran into many other issues mainly just problems figuring stuff out.

But no leaks! Yet...

c9c7cc0fbca6c2278d1673f48771dc01.jpg
a58f8354240b7178d8c13ae080233d97.jpg
1a657e5f74269544cbd95a762d28c6f3.jpg
351188e9e8ab9ace2c4609813f7bca42.jpg

It sure does look nice. I went with the cheapest one on Amazon and it slid right in no problems. No leaks either. Fingers crossed.

Traxx

Lot of people seem to have problems with those aluminum china radiators. I just went with an oem unit when I did the water pump and hoses. Job is a big enough pain without dealing with the mounting issues. At least you won't have to worry about the typical top tank cracking.

No Dex-Cool?

06BlueH3

It sure does look nice. I went with the cheapest one on Amazon and it slid right in no problems. No leaks either. Fingers crossed.

How did you get the air out of the system? My radiator is full, but air is not allowing fluid to enter motor. I have pumped on the hoses, but still can't get it to move.

Enter Hummer

How did you get the air out of the system? My radiator is full, but air is not allowing fluid to enter motor. I have pumped on the hoses, but still can't get it to move.

You're running all the heaters on full blast while you bleed it correct? Because you're supposed to. If not that then your thermostat might be stuck closed, or something is clogged or kinked. Other than that I have no clue as to what your problem is. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

4speedfunk

No. Just pull a vacuum on it with a jug of coolant attached. When the vacuum gauge maxes out around 10" to 15"...open the valve to the jug. Coolant will flow into the system and replace the air pocket.

You can also try parking the truck at an extreme nose-up angle overnight. You'll need to find a very steep (at least 45 degree) hill. Top off the overflow tank and let it sit overnight. The next day, refill the radiator and tank before you back off the hill. Drive around with the heat on...sometimes this works.

mjferencak

I just run the engine with the cap off and fill when needed. Your water pump and block should still have water in it after the radiator swap but if not the pump won't pull water unless it's primed. Plug all holes and start the manual hand pump priming process with the radiator hose until water starts to circulate.

Last edited:

rascole

Agree with just letting it idle with the cap off. How do you think they fill it from the factory? No complicated procedure. With the cap off the pump will slowly push the trapped air out, thermostat will open and do the same thing. When the engine is warm put the cap on and make sure the overflow tank is full so when the engine cool it will create a vacuum and draw in coolant from the overflow tank.

JPaul

Air can still be trapped even with the pump going. Using a vacuum pump (just a hand one from Harbor Freight is fine) is going to be the easiest and best option, aside from paying someone else to vacuum purge it.

Bruces

New shoes

While out of town new shoes arrived. Installed today. Stock size (285/75/16) but much more aggressive tread than Michelin LTX MS2s that I had. They were great and got over 60k on them but unfortunately they were cracking on sidewalls. These are cooper master craft courser atx. Supposed to be 50k mile tread. We will see. Nice smooth ride too for open tread.

Attachments

• IMG_0771.JPG
    IMG_0771.JPG
    274.7 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:

06BlueH3

Okay, I jacked up front of truck. Then started truck and used the funnel below to fill the radiator. I squeezed on the top hose until air stopped bubbling up. Then put the rest into the overflow tank. I drove it around and no overheating.

3164e36d073d025eb3aec0b19a43da75.jpg

derian06

Red Rockett
planning to build a sub wall next summer with 6-8 12" subs depending on space available and about 10,000w rms. dual alternators, extra batteries, probably custom door pods. made a little picture on snapchat to show my idea, green being subs, red being outside wall, blue being port and braces, white being see through acrylic plastic, so the side and rear window are still useable.
ebda6979c3a50de17877fe0bea9c59d6.jpg

Ghostbuster

planning to build a sub wall next summer with 6-8 12" subs depending on space available and about 10,000w rms. dual alternators, extra batteries, probably custom door pods. made a little picture on snapchat to show my idea, green being subs, red being outside wall, blue being port and braces, white being see through acrylic plastic, so the side and rear window are still useable.
ebda6979c3a50de17877fe0bea9c59d6.jpg

Cool!

Are you going to compete in car audio meets? If not, then it would be super mega overkill.

My single 12 inch sub is plenty. I can't imagine 8.

derian06

Red Rockett
Cool!

Are you going to compete in car audio meets? If not, then it would be super mega overkill.

My single 12 inch sub is plenty. I can't imagine 8.

I'm not familiar with the car audio scene what so ever, but it would definitely be cool to compete. Honestly I just enjoy the process of building an audio system, the sound, and the feel. It's nice to have an overall great truck.

Now if I could just get that dash to stay unlit for once...