• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

Acer4LO

A little Christmas present for the H3. Line-X Ultra sprayed on the fenders and grill. Really prefer the Ultra over the Premium, smoother texture and thinner coat. New black KMC XD rims and Cooper Discoverer STT Pro.

View attachment 23005

What is the ballpark price range for just the fenders? I am thinking of getting this done but I know line-x can run expensive.

H3V8

OYuuK2D.jpg

Best thing I've done so far. Taped the rear door jamb to stay down permanently. No more random dinging noises!

Acer4LO

$100 per fender and grill. Even though the rear fender is 3 pieces he considered it 1 piece due to the smaller sizes.

Doesn't sound that bad. One more thing, did they just spray the material right on the truck or were they taken off and sanded?

rascole

Doesn't sound that bad. One more thing, did they just spray the material right on the truck or were they taken off and sanded?
I took off all the fenders, real easy to do by the way, to make it easier and less chance of overspray and parts getting glued together. Spent about $50 on new clips to replace the ones I broke.

Acer4LO

I took off all the fenders, real easy to do by the way, to make it easier and less chance of overspray and parts getting glued together. Spent about $50 on new clips to replace the ones I broke.
I get ya. I had a fun time with the clips when I went to take off the E&G fender flares off. Did you need to get new seals/gaskets that go between the fenders and body?

129_0808_18_z+hummer_h3_body+fender_flare_rubber_pieces.jpg

RamRod

Installing some rocker switches
View attachment 23025
View attachment 23026

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good

When I did mine like that I put some pie cuts into the main bracket (6 switch holder) so that it could follow the contour of the console, then I followed but by clamping and JB welding the bracket in place.

I am glad I took the time to get that sitting flush, but It might not be an issue for you depending on where yours sits.

RamRod

I just finished putting together all the kit needed to do a OEM Fog light to LED pod swap.

Components needed for least hacking possible:

Two flush mount LED pods of your choice
H13 plug adaptor - depending on if the pods you have come with bare leads or if they come with connectors like mine you might need a different part then me
Sheet of ABS plastic
5" hole saw or a jig saw and a steady hand
Fog light bracket printed to scale (another member that's no longer active made this available) printed on 11"x20" paper at work with "scale to fit page" print option checked does the work
Steel for making the above bracket
Spray adhesive
Metal Band saw/ jig saw/ cut off wheel on a grinder
Paint
And some other stuff that I will update later as I remember

I will post up progress pics as I go this evening after work, but for now here is the main cast:
249f99f529002df39b970b81ac21f0d8.jpg

RamRod

Here are a few photos from today work on this project:

1st pic is making adjustments to the original design and testing for clearance

2nd pic is 95% done the circle plate to fill in the void of the 5" round fog light hole that will be left behind when the OEM units are removed

3nd pic is the gluing the templates to the steel that they will be cut out of, since the print out is to scale I thought I would give this method a try

Tomorrow I will finish up the brackets & then paint them, then come Sat the STARR HID headlight & these new fog lights will be installed
d71aead8c935dab4f26fe38166fcfbdb.jpg
13b532e42b26920536b962b73654f2a1.jpg
50429ee61955677e352f7046b365d1ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Traxx

Could have saved you some trouble. The oem blank pods from a Sierra/Silverado fit the fog light hole. Easy enough to mount the flushies in there and make them adjustable. Sorry only pic I have but you get the idea.

IMG_4400-2.jpg

awalsh

Where are you installing the rock lights? Up inside the wheel well? Has anyone every done that?

Know tons of people with leds in the wheel wells definitely possible and extremely easy I could imagine. Also know people who have used flush mount led pods and taken out the chrome insert on them for better light output.

Acer4LO

Know tons of people with leds in the wheel wells definitely possible and extremely easy I could imagine. Also know people who have used flush mount led pods and taken out the chrome insert on them for better light output.

My bad I meant has anyone ever done it on h4o or anther site with install pics. Here is a rig that needs no introduction that has them:

Skyquacker Rock Lights.jpg

But yeah I was thinking of using those flush mount led cube pods that you get on amazon and cutting a hole at the top of the wheel well for them. The only thing I was worried about is weather or not there was anything that would be in the way above the wheel well.

Traxx

Must be inspiration

maxresdefault.jpg

My bad I meant has anyone ever done it on h4o or anther site with install pics. Here is a rig that needs no introduction that has them:

View attachment 23036

But yeah I was thinking of using those flush mount led cube pods that you get on amazon and cutting a hole at the top of the wheel well for them. The only thing I was worried about is weather or not there was anything that would be in the way above the wheel well.

Acer4LO

Wait none of you have heard Skyquacker? He has over 30k followers on instagram. Sadly he has one of the most recognizable rigs out there that is active. Funny thing is that, he actually wheels it.

Acer4LO

Yeah I get you. I use both. I just like it because it is easy to see a lot of pics of h3s and what not. Since here everything is posted to specific threads and not everyone uses the garage feature it is a little harder to find pics. I know some h4o members like 06H3, Vdawg, and MustangGirl post on there. Beware there is a lot more shackle lifts, wheel spacers, mud grapps, and shopping cart roof racks on there.

awalsh

Just saying but this is probably the 20th time forum members have borderline bashed this rig. No new news that there's a Instagram recognized rig most people who wheel think is ridiculous, even though his is built as a "show truck" and has won/come close to winning many truck shows nationally recognized. Good for the hummer name in a sense. I wouldn't go as far as saying "it has no business here" because the hummer community is small enough and anyone who customizes their h3, no matter that their taste is, is accepted in my eyes.