• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Lake Tahoe

Fish

I'm heading to Lake Tahoe mid August and would like to do some mild/scenic off roading. It will just be me with the wife and our 6 month old so I just want to do something mellow and scenic with minimal chance of getting stuck. Does anybody know of some trails that fit the description? We are staying around stateline.

Fish

Well I guess our Nor Cal members, if any, don't have much advice besides the rubicon...hella bummer ( nor cal slang :giggle:). I'll see what I can find

Vdawg1115

That's the book I use too. Another good book is Backcountry Adventures: Northern California. They have a lot of easy trails. I think there are easier and scenic trails around Lake Alpine and Yosemite

Fish

Thanks guys, I check out some books now and then but it's always nice to get some first hand recommendations. I'm heading up there tomorow for the week, I'll see what I can find. :cheers:

Fish

I didn't do any off roading at Tahoe. I did get a flat tire on a pretty much new 37" BFG KM2 at 10 pm at night after driving 10 hours...right at the 15 and 60 interchange, front driver side no less. Not fun...had to pull a bunch of gear out of the back and remove the babies car seat to get to the jack and tools. The freeway service patrol showed up in 10 minutes and was a big help getting the tire changed so props to those guys.

I just hope the tire is repairable...it went flat really fast and I'm pretty sure I didn't buy the road hazard insurance.