• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Tank driver, Glad to be here.

BLDNHNR

Probationary Member
Hello to all. Long time Hummer owner, 1xh1, 5xh2's, 1xh3.
I am a member of a few sites, just decided to see if anyone out there actually has some mechanical knowledge and advise, instead of talking about the most recent set of rims and neon licence plate they put on their truck. It is about keeping each other out of the dealership right.
Thank you all for any help, I have torn down (literally to the last bolt) several H2's and I am at a loss on a problem, not sure if this is the right place, here goes anyway.
2003 h2, 120K, Installed a (1K HP) transmission, new shift cable, new shifter, new shifter solenoid, now she wont go into park unless I crawl under and do a manual shift, any advise? tried 2 solenoids, fixed the stupid rubber grommet linkage deal, used a new shift cable, tried installing in several gears.
Thanks for any help.

High Five H2

this is a great forum for technical information. We're pretty focused on off-roading. MB30SDL runs a tranny shop, and I think he sells an upgraded version of the 4L60, so he's a good one to contact.

BLDNHNR

Probationary Member
Thank you kindly for the welcome, a pleasure to be hear, thank you so much for your help I will give it a shot, I am not to fond of crawling under that beast in Fla heat. so this problem must go, fast.

SuperBuickGuy

Did you adjust the cable? on the video it shows you a blue button.... I can't remember whether it's adjusted at park or low but you pop that button out, put the arm at the furthest position (with the shifter in the same position) then push the button back in. I think it's park where all that happens...

[video=youtube;fxThj62sfmU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxThj62sfmU[/video]