• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Help!!! Scary things happening to my h3

Romeo

Found this symptom online where someone else had the same exact issue that I started having today (mention below).
"The right front of this h3 makes grinding sounds and vibrates under accelerator pedal. I am also losing my brakes due to this. push pedal down and it doesn't stop vehicle until i let up on them and reapply brake pressure.the front end doesn't shimmy though. but it makes a lot of noise."

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

BIGFRY77

Sounds like a bad caliper sticking, or sometimes the area the brake pads ride on gets rust build up and wont let the pads slide away from the rotor. This could cause the rotor to warp causing the shake and shimmy you feel.

Another thing to check is the wheel bearing, grab your tire at the top and push it back and forth (literally shake the whole front end) if there is play or noise happening while you do it then your bearing is most likely shot. Do not drive on a bad bearing as it could cause a catastrophic failure while driving. The tire could literally come off of the spindle and fly off the vehicle.

Romeo

I'll be replacing the axle shafts during this? Any recommendations or OEM is all we have? I reached out to RCV but they do not make the axle shafts for our trucks, only outter CV joint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperBuickGuy

what alrock said.
With that said, the CV that usually breaks is the outer one. With that said, don't use anything but stock - aftermarket have issues like improper machining which causes them to click then fail rapidly.

Romeo

Just got my truck back. Put new CV axle shafts, wheel bearings, new rotor on passenger side and had the Tatton drive shaft installed with 4 Speed bracket. So far so good. The shop told me to take it back to have to front diff checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk