• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Great Danes Hummer H3 Build

GreatDaneHummer

Driving home today I kept getting the same bad smell from the engine. Noticed more and more it smelled like coolant. Found out my radiator had the dreaded crack at the top and was spraying out radiator fluid all over my engine bay. Ordered the new CSF Racing heavy duty radiator from Vivid racing. Knowing I would soon be changing the engine and trans to something better I spent the big money and went with this. $499 plus $100 in over night shipping. I also bought an external trans cooler with it to combine both the CSF one that is internal with the external cooler to provide some heavy cooling for the future Allison 1000 trans.

http://csfrace.com/new-heavy-duty-hummer-h3-radiator/

Woodtick

I'm glad you thought the IROK's sucked and sold them to me cheep. Best all around mud tire I have ever ran. Blue clay,snow, sand, mud, not a pucker up moment yet.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 1,686
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,573
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 1,637
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 1,780
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,674

GreatDaneHummer

I did not say that the IROK's "sucked" I simply explained my own experience with them and why I changed tires so shortly after having purchased them. I hope you do not feel bad about our deal when I sold them to you. I hope they have performed well for you.

GreatDaneHummer

Added the Line X'd ARB roof rack and started ordering up lights from Rough Country. Their X5 series of lights are nicer than Ridged Industries in my opinion and cost a little less while using the exact same LED's.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Hummer roof rack.jpg
    Hummer roof rack.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 2,928

GreatDaneHummer

Wiring up all the lights and staging the layout for our first big expedition out to Colorado. Got the new Spod in today and the mount for the dual Optima batteries. It's starting to feel a lot like Christmas around here haha.

attachment.php

Attachments

• More wiring.jpg
    More wiring.jpg
    696 KB · Views: 1,960

GreatDaneHummer

I installed the SPOD last night in the truck. Now I am designing and custom ordering a wiring harness for all the lights to connect back to the SPOD. Due to my low garage and wanting to still park it in there I need to have the roof rack and lights to be removable quickly with a single Military grade connection.

GreatDaneHummer

Ordered up a Life Time LED 36" light bar to add to the front. I would love to get their new 50" Phantom Sun 672 watt mega light bar but $1k is pretty steep but wow 40300 lumens in a single bar is unreal. 55 amps worth of power is just crazy too.

GreatDaneHummer

Yes they are 17x9 Black Rhino el cajon wheels. Then sent to OMF to get turned into functional beadlocks. I fell in love with the Pitbull tires, they simply put the biggest smile I could ask for on my face.

H3nightrod

Pitbull Tires is one of my favorites. Congrats on the new set up!! I'm having second thought about selling my H3 after seeing ur build!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GreatDaneHummer

Installed 12" Efan, Dual Optima Batteries and the Spod controller with LCD screen today. This has really turned into a fun project to spend some time with my dad. We both work so much its hard to find time to hang out together. This next weekend is ARB air compressor on board and finish all the LED lights up top. Maybe when CJ finish's a new bumper I can finally take care of the stock looking front end.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Efan setup and dual battery.jpg
    Efan setup and dual battery.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,958

5gn-h3t

It needs some of your nice rock sliders but ouch that price hurts my soul haha.

FWIW, I looked at building a set like these myself. Without even looking at material costs, when you consider the time it would take to build a set, buying them looks better and better. The price isn't high for what you are getting.

Oh, and steps just get caught on stuff in the woods. Lol.