• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Great Danes Hummer H3 Build

4speedfunk

GD...can you deliver one of those to me? I need a 4.10 geared one (with a factory gov-lok) for my Burb.

(I'm sure we could work out a barter)

GreatDaneHummer

Removed roof rack and started prepping the roof for painting.

20170312_165905-min.jpg

GreatDaneHummer

These axles look very wide so after measuring I am 69" wheel mount to wheel mount... This seems a lot wider than the factory H3 axles. Will I need wheels with 6" of backspacing then to pull them back in? I will most likely have to go up from 17" wheel to clear the brakes etc inside the wheel?

GD...can you deliver one of those to me? I need a 4.10 geared one (with a factory gov-lok) for my Burb.

(I'm sure we could work out a barter)

Last edited:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
The major challenge with a 14 bolt front on a passenger drop vehicle is the offset the pinion has. The pinion offsets to the driver side...this is not a deal breaker but things do have to be accounted for. To package a coilover (or coil spring is even tougher) link mount and track bar all on the passenger side is very tough to do because there isn't much tube to work with. You can leave tube but it offsets the already offset pinion that can potentially cause driveshaft to pan problems. Again, these are all potential issues but issues I have seen with any pass drop 14 bolt front rig and the H3 is no exception. Leaf springs up front would make a 14b front the easiest. No track bar easy packaging.

GreatDaneHummer

I purchased them as a pair so if it is too much work or is not really doable I can always use the Dana 44 I have from Currie. I just thought the 14 bolt front and rear would be pretty cool. I will place the 14 bolt in front of my current IFS with the wheels off and get an idea how much space and how it lines up before I start cutting etc. Thanks for the heads up.

4speedfunk

Scratch the 14b order GD. Just picked one up today...full float, gov lock, 4.10s, factory discs, with rotors, calipers, and E-cables...
72a1de51560a0e8e101fb5c550a147dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreatDaneHummer

They make nice trucks but they are way over priced and they do not do a full tear down / rebuild. Its kind of like a speedy way of getting a Hummer to sale.

GreatDaneHummer

Is the signal from the GM abs hubs all the same? Is the 2007 Hummer H3 abs tone ring and sensor the same as a 2007 3500 chevy abs tone ring and sensor? Would the raw signal being reported back to the computer be the same?

GreatDaneHummer

Christmas came early. M998 A1 winch mount bumper parts for the customer H3 front bumper build. Upper fascia is being replaced by a laser cut out with Rigid Industries lights.

20171120_185015 (1)-min.jpg