• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 auto door controls and electrics

eastwester

Hi. My H3 keeps losing electric door control...ie the both remote and onboard controls will only work on the driver's door. I had it at a service centre who said they recoded it...worked ok BUT 24 hours later has happend again. I have searched this and other online forums and it seems the H3 electrics are crap. QUESTION.. Is the 1st point of trouble shooting to replance the battery clamps? I have read they are rubbish and can lead to problems. Any input would be appreciated. I had to lift my overly big Akita dog through the rear passenger door as i could not unlock the rear gate. Cheers. Mark

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I would start with the battery terminals. After that, I'm not sure. As the vehicles get older more owners are seeing the door switches fail. Do the dome lights go on and off for every door?

eastwester

I would start with the battery terminals. After that, I'm not sure. As the vehicles get older more owners are seeing the door switches fail. Do the dome lights go on and off for every door?
It's going to a nissan dealer tomorrow. I will ask them if they can fit one of their factory sets. Btw the interior roof light does come on when each door is opened. Mark

eastwester

Oh dear. After 2 days of only the driver's door working...i jumped in this morning to take it for repair....AND they all started working again. Service centre said nothing to do until it fails again. Gremlin in the system