• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Big Bear run 5/21 saturday

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Depending on people who wants to do this ill offer 2 options:

#1 Newbie run - Gold mountain, waterfall etc. trails

#2 Difficult run - John Bull trail.

ill be doing JB if no newbies sighn in for option 1

cbetts

NERD!!!
I am heading to Bishop for the weekend, otherwise I would go! It has been too long since I have been on the trails with y'all.

I am hoping to scout out trails a bit while in Bishop. I will be in my dad's car so I will only be looking at the trailheads.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Yes Mr. President i really don't want to see that "alternative lifestyle offroad sticker" on your windshield. And stop saying its a badge of honor.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
So due to lack of responce from newbies, its oficially a liitle more difficult run. John Bull trail, i have small advanced group lining up now, if someone wants to join us you welcome to do so.

JRWid

Serge texted me about this and am ready to go. Been waaaay too long since we've had a run. JB's a great run

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fish

I would have been in for gold mtn and such but my truck isn't equipped for John Bull. We need to do a So Cal run soon that isn't too difficult but not too easy that it's boring. It's been awhile since I got out and I'm getting the itch.

sonicstage

What exactly do you need for JB? Looking at videos it doesn't seem that bad however I'm sure the game changes when your actually there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbetts

NERD!!!
What exactly do you need for JB? Looking at videos it doesn't seem that bad however I'm sure the game changes when your actually there

I depends on the day. Sometimes it can be easy, other days it can be difficult. Every H4O event there, someone had carnage. I would not recommend for a beginner.

However, I am hoping to have a run up Last Chance Canyon in June. May got filled up way too fast for me. Besides, I still need my UCP before I attempt anything.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Group that is assembled now has 37s, SAS and lots of experience. I expect to run it under 3-4 hr.

Kurt

It's just the first mile or two. The gatekeeper and the narrows right after that is the hardest parts. Once you get past those two points the rest of the trail is moderate with the odd big rock here and there, or Tree to avoid hitting.

That being said I've always worn out an idler or pitman arm on that trail, always so after running it 3-4 times I don't feel the need to do it just to swap out the pitman/idler again. I'll probably run it again if I upgrade to the REV HMMWV Sheppard steering gear and arms. :)

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Let's do head count:

mb30sdl H3T (1 or 2 friends are coming along)
my bro W250
Jonn JK
Chris H3

I'll be stoping for breakfast at usual place ( don't remember the name) in BB.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Fearly easy, finished it in 4.5 hr including lunch and changing one tire. Mike popped rear off the bead. I am out of town till Monday and will have videos edited by then.