• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Rubicon 2016 (august)

rsc

I wish I could, but I'm not going to have enough vacation time to make it. :(

SGT-Wright

I might go if I can find an opening at my timeshare that week. I drove about 1/2 of it some years back then the snow was too deep and had to turn back because I didn't have a winch yet.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
So jeep jamboree is August 11-14.

i am thinking 19-21 or 26-28 (fri-sun). Realistically I can be done in a day but this time I want to slow down and make more scenic experience. I'll contact Bebe and see if she is willing to lead this. Jamboree site saying min 33" tires, front/rear lockers, skids. I don't believe I turned on front locker when I was running it last year. But I was running GMC.

ill pm Bebe and see what upgrades needed for newbies to safely do this.

rsc

So jeep jamboree is August 11-14.

i am thinking 19-21 or 26-28 (fri-sun). Realistically I can be done in a day but this time I want to slow down and make more scenic experience. I'll contact Bebe and see if she is willing to lead this. Jamboree site saying min 33" tires, front/rear lockers, skids. I don't believe I turned on front locker when I was running it last year. But I was running GMC.

ill pm Bebe and see what upgrades needed for newbies to safely do this.
In the past she has said 35's, locker(s) and UCP/Sliders are the minimum. I'll defer to her current opinion as she sees the trail conditions regularly from where she's at. I would still go expecting some trail rash. If you don't have one now, a handheld VHF radio programmed to the area is a good idea too.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
I have 2m/70cm 50watt HAM and probably will have satellite phone with me. On modified rigs its an EASY trail, if not for pulling my hi-steer arm off we would've done it in ~7 hr last time.The problem is recovery/repair. There is only 2 ways in/out. If you dont have parts/tools u have a big problem.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
The rubicon is fun! Its a very line depend trail so you can make it harder or easier for your personally liking.

I would be in but I am running the Dusy Ershim trail in august. Double the length of the 'con most people do it in 4-5 days. some do it in 3 but I hear its near impossible to do it in a day.

bebe

Ok - I'm in for this. The 2 weekends Serge mentioned work for me.

If we are taking newbs - and yes you are welcome with 35's, sturdy sliders and a winch - then we should run the Wentworth to Loon loop.

We can camp at the NorCal Outpost which is 7 miles from the trail head. I sincerely recommend we go Mid-Week, start on a Wed, run in through Wentworth and stay overnight at Spider or Buck Island. Come Back on Thursday out Loon Lake. If all goes well, and rigs survive, we can run other trails and do some sight seeing in the area on Friday/Saturday.

If you want the epic adventure - we should go Tahoe to Loon/Wentworth and end at the Outpost for showers, home-cooked dinner and drive/limp home on Sunday.

JRWid

I'm definitely in! Later in the month is better for me 'cause beginning of August is busy work time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bebe

That'a better, the trail will be closed on the Tahoe side on August 19th. They are rebuilding the tread on the big bridge in the springs.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Well, due to my overloaded shedule at work I can't get a whole week off in August. I'll try to get something going in September