• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Stability System Failure / Traction Control Failure Help

Jeremy

So to keep it short, I went off-roading a few weeks ago and I obviously broke something. I never figured out what it was, it was a loud clicking/knocking under the driver seat and it went away that same day. I wasn't ignoring it but I couldn't find the problem thinking it was the tranny. So after 3 weeks of no issues and driving fine, I hit a speed hump and my truck showed a service Stability System and check engine light. Then about 30 seconds later my truck shut off. It started back up and now I have this check engine light and there's a loud clicking when switching into 4LO as if there is no lubrication. I'm assuming this is the transfer case and hoping it just needs to be played with and fluids changed. Has anyone had this issue or have any possible solutions?

Thank you!

Jeremy

I think that's where the noise is coming from. That's just from looking underneath with someone inside switching from 4L to 4H

SedonaBound

The Stability/Traction light will light up for many goofy reasons completely unrelated to Stabilitrak. Mine came on last week at 65 MPH because a rear door was ajar. Comes on when the battery voltage drops too.

Last edited:

Hunner

It will come on if you forget to hook up the MAF sensor too!

He may have a bad cv on the end of that drive shaft.

I fixed that, removed it! Got a double cardon, smooth..........

napalmsticks

It will come on if you forget to hook up the MAF sensor too!

He may have a bad cv on the end of that drive shaft.

I fixed that, removed it! Got a double cardon, smooth..........

I did this also. Got the adapter from 4speedfunk and bought the tatton driveshaft. It is a very quiet setup.