• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Diode Dynamics switchback led turn signal issues

H3ATH3N

Any of you's own the switchback led turn signals from DD? I've gone through three THREE 3 sets of these and I'm still having issues.
The first set had a burnout, and the following sets don't function properly (supposed to burn white until turn signal is engaged, then blink amber - - I have clear lenses). Most of the time I catch a glimpse of my lights reflecting off the guy in front of me, they're burning amber - it's become my latest driving distraction. Interesting find today - when I noticed they were in amber mode, I turned my exterior lamps knob to turn on the parking lamps and the switchbacks "switched back" to the proper white illumination - - turned off the parking lamps and the switchbacks went back to amber.

As seen by my this being my THIRD try, I really want these to work - any ideas?

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
What year is your H3? When the turn signals are steady on, is that part of headlights or DRLs?

H3ATH3N

2006 - The lighting is inconsistent - works on DRL's sometimes, sometimes not. My impression was the (turnsignals) are illuminated all the time (drl's during daylight in AUTO and normally at night). The amber should only kick in when the turn signal is used directly. Do you think the drl function is messing with the switchbacks?