• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Has anyone tried the ebay aluminum radiator?

georgiadawg

I would be careful purchasing from someone to whom you know nothing about. If it sounds too good ... Then it might not be so good.
Purchasing from a reputable dealer online instead of an eBay Seller could be a better deal and that you don't get ripped off. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone

rsc

From what one guy who bought one said, the quality is ok and the fit was so-so as he had to do some minor tweaking to get it to fit. (I think it's the same one, there's not a lot of different ones out there, just 3.) The thicker, B-tube, aluminum radiator costs about 3 times more but drops in perfectly. I think these are cheaper because of less qc detail to the fit, but it worked. I might be tempted to get one when my tank ruptures.

K0PIR

Yeah I was looking at that one. I think you have to do some grinding to get it in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

lsv_palana

Hello friends ! Can you post a link to good quality radiator (full aluminum) for compare prices and looks ?

Main spare part for my Hummer while off-roading - sattelite phone !

Ordieh

Yes, I purchased one for a '07 that I bought to "flip". I had to cut off a couple of tabs from the sides but other than that, it was a drop in. Cooled just fine in the above 100 degree weather here in Texas . It looked good with nice welding.

odwah

I have the aluminum radiator off Amazon. The fit is off, so there's some slight bending and cutting of tabs to get the fan shroud to fit. Other than that the tranny lines match up well, just don't over tighten the connectors, or you'll blow the o-rings. It cools really well, and the welds are really nice. I've put about 15k on it so far.

rascole

I have the aluminum radiator off Amazon. The fit is off, so there's some slight bending and cutting of tabs to get the fan shroud to fit. Other than that the tranny lines match up well, just don't over tighten the connectors, or you'll blow the o-rings. It cools really well, and the welds are really nice. I've put about 15k on it so far.
I know it's only been a couple of months but how is the Amazon radiator holding up?

CaddyStrophic

Installed an eBay aluminum radiator in my buddy's '07 a few weeks ago. It was a pain to install and stuff didn't match. He says it runs hotter than than OEM radiator did as well. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk