• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Devil's Night. 2008 H3 Alpha

CaddyStrophic

I've already done quite a few mods since buying it in October of 2015. I would like to keep a better progress record, so here I am. uploadfromtaptalk1457496566719.jpg
Starting out.
uploadfromtaptalk1457496650802.jpg

Three 300 watt 32 inch lightbars. Curved in the bumper and both are straight up on the rack.

Plastidipped wheels, mirrors, doorhandles and fuel door.

33" Duratracs

Airdoc intake.

OEM rocksliders.

Kenwood BT touchscreen head unit.

Muffler delete.

Led interior lights.

FUTURE MODS:
1. SAS front
2. SOA rear and add rear lockers.
3. Powder coated suspension.
4. New door speakers, sub and amp.
5. 37" tires on 17 or 18" wheels.
6. Thorparts front and rear bumper.
7. Winch.
8. More UCP.
9. Headlight retrofit.
10. Foglight led swap.
11. A zillion other things.

POSSIBLE FUTURE MODS:
1. 6.2 swap
uploadfromtaptalk1457497169241.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1457497204910.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

awalsh

love your roof rack and light setup, that's the one I'm going to get soon when I have the cash for that and the oem rails, and I'm gonna do a rear bar exactly like yours.. tailgaters!!!

Sent from my iPhone

CaddyStrophic

Looking good! How is your plasti dip holding up? Especially on the door handles.
Everything is holding up really well, EXCEPT 1 door handle. I ordered 5 black handles online, so when it warms up, I'm going to swap out the chrome ones.

H3slate

Brush raked
Everything is holding up really well, EXCEPT 1 door handle. I ordered 5 black handles online, so when it warms up, I'm going to swap out the chrome ones.

Did you go oem or aftermarket? I bought one aftermarket from Amazon and didn't like the quality. I found a set on eBay but don't want to get it if it is not as good as the oem handles.

08h3Alpha

I've already done quite a few mods since buying it in October of 2015. I would like to keep a better progress record, so here I am. View attachment 20656
Starting out.
View attachment 20657

Three 300 watt 32 inch lightbars. Curved in the bumper and both are straight up on the rack.

Plastidipped wheels, mirrors, doorhandles and fuel door.

33" Duratracs

Airdoc intake.

OEM rocksliders.

Kenwood BT touchscreen head unit.

Muffler delete.

Led interior lights.

FUTURE MODS:
1. SAS front
2. SOA rear and add rear lockers.
3. Powder coated suspension.
4. New door speakers, sub and amp.
5. 37" tires on 17 or 18" wheels.
6. Thorparts front and rear bumper.
7. Winch.
8. More UCP.
9. Headlight retrofit.
10. Foglight led swap.
11. A zillion other things.

POSSIBLE FUTURE MODS:
1. 6.2 swap
View attachment 20658
View attachment 20659

How does the 32 inch light fit inside the bumper? Any detail pics? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaddyStrophic

How does the 32 inch light fit inside the bumper? Any detail pics? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It took about 2 hours of custom bracket building from square tubing to get it to sit right, but the 32" curved fits in there like a glove. Looks as close to something factory as can get. I'll take some close up shots this weekend.

Woodtick

attachment.php
Best $9 I have spent in a while. Makes fluid changes a bit cleaner and definitely easier .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    738.7 KB · Views: 1,435

CaddyStrophic

I got the motor oil changed and both differentials done last night. I did have a pump and honestly, I can't imagine doing the differentials without one!

My cousin stopped by, wanting some electric work done on his '07 Cummins. So I'll be doing that and working on my 3 today. I'll post a couple pics of his RAM.

CaddyStrophic

I got the headlight assemblies apart and the lens off. Measuring the Jeep headlights to the H3.

They are both exactly 7" edge to edge. So I need to figure out a clean way to cut out the chrome plated section and recess the Jeep headlight into the housing.

I'll be heading down to my buddy's garage tomorrow to see what we can accomplish.

uploadfromtaptalk1457995652207.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1457995662963.jpg

scoreh3

That looks very nice , I can't wait to see how they turn out. Keep up the good work . What type of epoxy are you using ? Are you doing something to make it completely water tight ?

Last edited:

CaddyStrophic

That looks very nice , I can't wait to see how they turn out. Keep up the good work . What type of epoxy are you using ? Are you doing something to make it completely water tight ?
Thanks! I think I'm going to use that window butyl(?) Stuff that I've read about online. Unless someone else can recommend something better. I've got some retaining rings in shipping now, maybe I can use them somehow.

CaddyStrophic

Just a little update. The headlight swap is going to be an insanely time-consuming job.

It's seems almost impossible to cut it so that the LED headlight will fit into the housing without losing the 3 bolts on the back of the housing.

I've been slammed at work lately, so I haven't had much time go work on it, either. I'm honestly thinking about fiberglassing a custom enclosure for the LED headlights. I'll update when I figure something out.

CaddyStrophic

I had a busted rubber seal on my front driveshaft. I found out because I saw grease slung everywhere.

Replaced it with a Tatton driveshaft and Thorparts adapter plate.

76be3c557133ede2fe7c7e135e5f3aad.jpg

b6cfcb8575fa01c4a4bd26930b29b438.jpg

2 of the 4 bolts fit just fine, but 2 of them had to be put to a grinder to allow clearance. (Didn't take much grinding.)

You can see where they rubbed in this pic.

61a77715ff6f4ebb1e50946d3495b258.jpg