• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

HID Conversion Help

stallsmith53

I have been online the last week trying to find the best kit to covert my 2007 H3, BOTH headlight and fog lights to HID. I have learned quite a bit about installing, but I have not found WHAT to install. I have seen so many kits on EBay or Amazon Does ANYONE have any tips for me? I would appreciate it so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

derian06

Red Rockett
I've had good experience with opt7 and innovated AC seems to be the same product but opt7 has a bit higher quality wiring.

Ghostbuster

Opt7. It should come with the wiring harness. You will need the harness otherwise the lights might not fire up on a regular basis. I've had the Opt7 with the harness for awhile now and they are doing good.

Ghostbuster

This is the kit I got. I forgot which bulbs go to the heads and fogs..

I wouldn't install the capacitors, just make sure you install the relay harness. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450658215.118117.jpg

amrg

I run the hid kit from theretrofitsource, yesterday the relay decided to give up (installed 6 months back). Its the second kit I got on my H3, the first, also from TRS, lasted 2 years. Only reason I bought the second kit from them was because I wanted something bwtter than stock and the LED kits on ebay fail miserably within weeks (even with warranty replacements)

Scarsman

Sponsor
Keep in mind that if you don't retrofit projector housings and just swap the bulbs you will likely have terrible light pattern, and will have no cutoff and certainly blind everyone on the road.

Some particular halogen headlight housing/hid bulb combos can provide ok pattern, but very few. I saw one comparison where a certain bulb actually worked very well with a good cutoff in the JK halogen housing. But other bulbs just glared everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

05Mudiak

I have always used ddm tuning with good luck and reasonable prices. I don't put them in my street vehicles though I don't like the way the HID perform in the stock vehicle halogen housings. I use them in my atv's and sxs's

cna

I use the morimoto-elite hid kits because there harness is amazing and i get to keep the high beams cant beat there customer service have had no issues with there kit

amrg

I have to agree with cna. The retrofit source hid kit, although has problems (changed bulbs, balasts and relays) has great customer service. 2 weeks ago my relay went out, sent them an email and they replied asking me for shipping info to send me a replacement relay (no questions asked).

Traxx

I went with the Starr HID kit, an amazing difference in output. I can actually see now.