• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

2016 - Moab Black Sheep Week, March 27-April 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPaul

I'd love to go, but I don't know what March is going to look like at the moment, other than FanX is the weekend before this (March 24-26th). I'd like to make it down for at least part of it though.

adventr

I'd love to attend. Either in my H3 (if it doesn't sell) or a H1. I'm a licensed HAM operator as well.

Been a couple years since Ive wheeled Moab, but I know for a fact that my H3 would do a lot better than my cruiser did out there!

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
Or bring your own iPotty...:giggle:
attachment.php

Attachments

• ipad-toilet-paper-holder.gif
    ipad-toilet-paper-holder.gif
    16.9 KB · Views: 658

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Moab prep list underway. New power steering pump, new pulley, transmission fluid change, transfer case fluid change, oil change, new front rotors. Would like to put in a new radiator and new valve cover with gasket, but not sure if I'll get to those items.

Will check the CVs as I suspect one is locking up. I get a nasty cracking noise when turning hard left. Could be other things too and needs to be checked out.

Kurt

*Might* have pop come along in a Jeep.

I picked up a used Canadian 2009 Jeep JK Short wheelbase 2 door to import back to the US when I come back down, depending on timing it may be me + another vehicle, we'll probably get a hotel, it depends on timing of everything. Folks will be getting a place in Henderson, NV in February if it works out and I'll have my trucks moved there.

If I'm still working in Canada, I can take the week off and fly into Vegas and drive into Moab.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
What cv should I buy? Looking at rear diff covers as well. I tried the search and way to much BS to go through. Thanks.

SOLID diff covers are beefy and cheap. I got mine for 65 bucks if I remember correctly...I have one that I dont use anymore (OX lockers come with a diff cover) if you want it for 45 shipped.

Woodtick

SOLID diff covers are beefy and cheap. I got mine for 65 bucks if I remember correctly...I have one that I dont use anymore (OX lockers come with a diff cover) if you want it for 45 shipped.
Sold and thank you. Would you buy the Cardon CV? Rock auto has them for $76. I thought I read that people were having good luck with them. PM me on FB and we can square up on the cover.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I snapped one Cardone CV but I earned that one, can't blame it on the manufacturer. However, I might have a seized one right now as well. Hope to figure that out shortly.

For $76 (used to be $38) it's a great trail spare and item to get you home. I'm comfortable running them at the moment. I'd be more comfortable with OEM, but I'm letting budget figure into this one so I'm sticking with Cardone for now.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Agreed with alrock. Cardone is a good trail spare. OEM is the best. I can say stay away from EMPI! Lol they suck!!!!

I'll Facebook message u on the cover

Woodtick

attachment.php
My list is getting smaller. The next thing requires a short trip to Indy. :drool:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    737.4 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.