• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

images and avatar thumbs no longer loading....

4speedfunk

For about a week or so...I have noticed that I cannot view many photos in the forum (including my own). Instead all I see is a generic icon. Same thing happens to most people's Avatars. Recently I tried to upload some photos, and even those appeared as the generic icon. Any ideas? Seems to happen on several forums. Is this possibly linked to a recent Windows Update?

Here's an example:
http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?9854-THORparts-brake-kit-on-a-Colorado-Canyon

I cannot no longer view the photos of this Colorado (even though I'm the one that posted them).

RamRod

I don't know how to fix it, but this is the case for me on my iPad and my Samsung phone...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zach

Mall Crawler
Alrock had said there was an issue with pics on the chat board and he needed someone smarter than him to fix it. Guessing we are still looking for the smart person[emoji15]

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Yes, we are. We are in the process of lining up an IT support tech for the forum to fix this and other forum software issues.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Yes, we are. We are in the process of lining up an IT support tech for the forum to fix this and other forum software issues.

And to think, I thought you were smart, ya know lawyer and all[emoji15]. Just pulling your leg Luisa!

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Sorry guys, I think it's an easy fix but it's a bit beyond me and I've been strapped for time. Will get it done.

4speedfunk

No problem...I'm relieved to learn it's not on my end. I poked around the net and read something about Java updates and security settings and msconfig stuff.
It's all Greek to me.

JPaul

I tried to help alrock work through what he thought the issue to be, but it turned out to not be so. Though now I'm wondering if this is hosted on a Windows server (shudder to think!) or a Linux server (yay Linux!), as if it's a Windows server then I have no idea (I'm a Linux sysadmin). I try to not trouble myself with that cluster#$%^ of an OS.

Babyjohn460

This isn't part of this thread but how do you start a new thread? I did when I first downloaded tapatalk but now I can't figure it out. I'm on an iPhone. Googled it and they said there should be an arrow at the top right but it's not there. I have questions. HELP! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Tapatalk keeps changing their UI; it's annoying as heck. I'm not sure on a iPhone as I haven't used one in a while.

4speedfunk

I just posted a thread in the "BUILDS" forum....typed & uploaded from my desktop....no luck. I'm going to try and post the same photos from my phone and see if they appear.

Last edited:

4speedfunk

Okay...here's the same pics posted from Tapatalk...
35d0fd95f36b82941964eb60f64c1c02.jpg
926221b7cb1e95d3ca9fc918fa8b5f38.jpg
4fb8862e28641f276a3335e0f178924f.jpg

4speedfunk

Hmmm. Weird. I can see them fine now. Does this help the diagnosis?
I'm willing to bet that Super Buick and 06H3 are posting from their phones as well. So it appears that the problem may have to do with the source the photos comes from. Perhaps old school desktop browser uploads are no longer supported? Seems to post fine from my phone. Strange.

Last edited:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Not yet, sorry. I've hired someone but it will take him a bit of time to learn what we have here. I appreciate everyone's patience.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I'm on contractor #2, first one was not available. I suspect it's a stupidly easy fix, but I'm really pretty darn stupid.