• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

The Replacement to the HMMWV

Hunner

I was hoping that would be built here in Arkansas so I could get into see the proving grounds lol

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Does it need to fit? I think it can fit anywhere it wants. Like the old question, where does a 10 ton elephant sit? Answer: Anywhere it wants.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Answer: More than one - depending on breed! 1 St. Bernard, 1 Mastiff & 1 Great Pyrenees...or 800 Chiwowows!

Panzer07

Those are sure fun to drive, but not any better than the hmmwv it provides no more protection than the M1151 already does, and can Cary about the same amount of people, they are however more comfortable than the good ole hmmwv, which is not really an issue unless comfort is what you into...which most likely means you are POG. Great..now we all have to teach and relearn about another vehicle for military license. Smh, at this point I Cant wait till the army rolls out a combat moped for fobbits. 6.75 billion dollars for 17,000 vehicles really... that break down too about 40 million each . The joke is when I was active in the Army, I seen them paid $500 for a toilet seat cover after looking at this I believe that now. I want to know how many General's and Senators are getting kickbacks. The same people want the fellow veterans retirements and downsize our armed forces...wow !!! . Why buy more vehicles when some units already have brand new Humvees, MEAPS along with a new camo pattern, yet we can't pay our soldiers.
What about all those brand-new MRAP's i've saw were schedule To be destroyed because it was supposedly cheaper to destroy them than ship them home? I sure hope this contract won't produce another fraud, waste, & abuse case of our taxpayer dollars.
Anyways now that I've vented this might mean more chances of me scoring a surplus HMMWV and give her a good retirement.

Torres

Last edited: