• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Swapping an AutoMatic Trani for a Manuel.

Hawkeye__8

Mine has a harness on it for something. I suspect it was mainly for the backup lights and the upshift sensor (that stupid light on the dash that tells you what shift points are "optimal").

Stabilitrack has a lot to do with the transmission type. It controls the throttle in traction control situations. Now if it gives more throttle during a shift (clutch disengaged) well, that could be bad. Hence, no Stabilitrack on manual models.

Did I mention I hate Commiefornia sometimes . . .

I thought Stabillitrack only cuts off power so the driver can regain control? Im not sure I could even vacation in California anymore, its getting pretty bad nowadays. A cabin in Northern Arizona is all the vacation i need.:giggle:

Panzer07

North Carolina fits most of those. There may be better ones in the Midwest but I'm not familiar with them.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Going to check it out. I might start a thread asking for input about fellow forum members states, I think that would be a fast quick way to see what are good and bad about them fast and real time status of such states

Torres

CaseyS

I don't get the want to do a swap to something that was offered as a factory option. Eg. 5.3 swap, cummins into a dodge ram, etc. Unless you are so far down the river invested into your rig, just sell it and go find a 3.7L manual somewhere.

Now if you want a V8 with a manual or something you couldn't get from the factory, I get it.

Hawkeye__8

I don't get the want to do a swap to something that was offered as a factory option. Eg. 5.3 swap, cummins into a dodge ram, etc. Unless you are so far down the river invested into your rig, just sell it and go find a 3.7L manual somewhere.

Now if you want a V8 with a manual or something you couldn't get from the factory, I get it.

Ive been looking around an H3 that has a 3.7L Manual but their nowhere to be found at the moment. Also, you can't replace the memories that took place with the thing haha.

cbetts

NERD!!!
The manual with the I5 is a fun drive, especially off road. It is more work but a lot of fun once you master it. I am kinda biased since I was a truck driver for just over five years. I had some great mentors learning to drive double sticks.

Mr_Rich

I went to my local garage today to get my old K1500 smogged. I posed some questions to the owner about engine and trans swaps. He mentioned that they didn't care about the trans unless the swap set a code; meaning that would probably be the case going from an auto to a manual. I was just kind of teasing myself with a thought of an LS swap in front of my M5 if/ when the 3.7L needs serious work.