• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Vermont Overland Trophy 2015

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
A7A3CAF3-4261-41B9-B43D-401EBA0F2096.jpg

BCB5823D-615C-47D1-B0F0-FD52D2E21305.jpg

Mud pit from hell. Truck went through it with ease. :D

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
E27A4791-02BA-4366-9C51-D28B75DE8A94.jpg

We won the Team Spirit Award for the Vermont Overland Trophy 2015!!!! No clue on our overall standing because they only said top finishers. Have to wait till they publish overall results, and then we'll let everyone know. This was an amazing competition. Even if the size of our truck gave us a handicap, we really enjoyed it. Peter Voller, the organizer, really has got this one right. Will definitely try to make it back next year.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Fender tubes, and maybe better organize the gear in the truck. Replace OEM radiator with a Griffin one. Everything else worked as intended. I was very impressed how well the truck handled all the challenges.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
th_282a28546eddda5638f372e0a136edbc.jpg

Final results out. As we figured. If it hadn't been for the second challenge being way too tight for the larger trucks, we would have been in the run for second place. There was no way to do anything different in stage two. The truck would not make any of the turns. All other penalties were on me for not knowing my truck well enough. Even then the result was second to the experience. We would definitely return even if we had gotten last place. Having been awarded the Team Spirit Award was way more significant because that meant that we did things the right way. That to us is more important than actually winning the competition.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Last edited:

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
..."the result was second to the experience."

That says it all. With that attitude, you will always come out on top in any and every challenge.

Congratulations.