• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

RR Window Regulator, I've got to do my son's tonight. Any tips???!!!!

lfootmatt

2008 H3 Alpha, 113K Miles

RR Window Regulator, I've got to do my son's tonight. Any tips???!!!!

In the parking lot at his school.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

MilamJR

Rear passenger side window regulator died yesterday on my 2004 H2. According to YouTube videos this one seems to happen a lot. There are multiple options available on Rockauto.com. Was wondering if anyone has any good or bad feedback on different manufacturers before I place an order. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iwillnc

I assume they’re all the same, I’ve replaced 2 and fixed a third when one of the ones I replaced failed 8 years later.

There’s a part number for a stronger part but it’s never available. The GM OEM WILL fail, not sure I trust non OEM to be any better.

MilamJR

Thanks for the feedback. Had our H2 since 2005 and this is the first time one has failed so I guess we have been lucky.

MilamJR

Got the new regulator installed. Never could get the rod for manual lock/unlock to fall into place. If someone knows a trick please let me know.

Jeepwalker

ha ha... you better keep trying. Just when you think you won't need it, battery will go dead (or lock key inside) and he'll need to use it.

Just the other day I locked the key inside my pickup. Left it right there on the seat. 25 miles from home. Dang!! After a minute of being pissed and trying to figure out the next move, I remembered I put a spare door key in a magnetic lock box on the frame 4 years ago when I got the truck. Yep, still there! It won't start the truck but will open the door. I haven't locked a key inside for probably 10 years. But you know how that goes.... :)

Come to think of it, I meant to do that on the H3 and never did. Hmmm.. put that on my to-do list.

MilamJR

ha ha... you better keep trying. Just when you think you won't need it, battery will go dead (or lock key inside) and he'll need to use it.

Just the other day I locked the key inside my pickup. Left it right there on the seat. 25 miles from home. Dang!! After a minute of being pissed and trying to figure out the next move, I remembered I put a spare door key in a magnetic lock box on the frame 4 years ago when I got the truck. Yep, still there! It won't start the truck but will open the door. I haven't locked a key inside for probably 10 years. But you know how that goes.... :)

Come to think of it, I meant to do that on the H3 and never did. Hmmm.. put that on my to-do list.

I have 3 other doors that I can manually open but would like to get this one working correctly.

Jeepwalker

I thought there was only one key lock cylinder?
...maybe I've confused it with one of my other DD's...

MilamJR

I thought there was only one key lock cylinder?
...maybe I've confused it with one of my other DD's...

I meant 3 from the inside. I can still open the drivers side door with the key from the outside.