• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Sig Sauer 1911?

LagunaH1

I see that I asked the very same thing a few months ago LOL.

I’m thinking about getting one as an additional daily carry. What kind of sights do your 2 have?

LagunaH1

Bought one today. -Now for the $#@##$!@ 10 day waiting period. IT seemed like a *really* well made firearm. Can’t wait to take it to the range and see what it’ll do

LagunaH1

Went to pick up the new gun today, it sure does seem like it’s very well made. Hope to be able to take it to the range and enjoy it this coming weekend

LagunaH1

Wow, I can't believe it's been THIS long since I got my Sig 1911, but anyways:

When I got the gun, she sights were off. On top of that, the set screw for the rear sight was either damaged or some VERY unusual size. I bought many many different allen key sets and nothing worked. Finally, I took the gun back to the store and their gun smith adjusted the sights free of charge (good service!!) and the gun is now VERY accurate, as long as *I* am shooting it well. So, by now I'm very much enjoying it.

LagunaH1

I found that mine was a tad picky about the ammo, and needed the sights aligned. Once both of those were taken care of, it's been VERY accurate and reliable

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Never had a Sig that wasn't a tack driver right out of the box. Have not had an ammo feed problem either. What did it not like?