• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Nobody has any new guns?

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do I have to go buy a new gun to get this thread started again? Somebody has to have some new firearms news. How many have submitted a Form 1 for an SBR due to the new arm brace ruling?

svxr8dr

With my State going into a post Bruen Californication temper tantrum it's been hard to get anything off my wish list. Did pick up a nice Langdon Tactical Beretta 1301 12ga
1704810479085.png

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
No. I have several Rugers and several 6.5CM rifles. I do have an RPR in 6.5CM. Great round. Ru What is a reasonable price. Ruger builds a solid rifle, not top notch but a great value for the money. Don't know much about the SFASR except that I have read a few positive reviews.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Went to the gun show in town this weekend, Picked up an old Remington Nylon Model 77 in mint condition. Nothing too cool but a good boat/truck gun. Passed on a Noveske N4 with an RX30 Trijicon reflex site on it. Good price but I don't need another AR.

Exodus

Went to the gun show in town this weekend, Picked up an old Remington Nylon Model 77 in mint condition. Nothing too cool but a good boat/truck gun. Passed on a Noveske N4 with an RX30 Trijicon reflex site on it. Good price but I don't need another AR.
dad gave me my first rifle at 12,, nylon 66 with the nickel plated barrel

LagunaH1

Yesterday I bought a Springfield Saint. Now, 10 days and counting..... but: Since I bought it at my local range, I can (and I didn't know this) come there and shoot it while that irritating 10 day waiting period is counting down, I just can't leave with it.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Surprised they haven't taken that away from you guys also. Never bought a gun in Cali at a range. Is that a new thing?

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not on this website. It is very gun friendly. Some states you can purchase privately. Might want to keep those purchases to yourself but they know what you purchase at the gun store.

LagunaH1

I hear you about the seemingly general anti-gun sentiment, but I refuse to "feed" it by NOT speaking my mind. It *HAS* to be possible to be a gun owner and not feel like one needs to keep it quiet.

LagunaH1

So next question: Should I get a red dot or some form of optic for the saint? -It comes with iron sights so I could of course start there and get to know the rifle "as is" first I suppose.....

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Depends on how you are going to shoot it. Home defense( open sight or reflex ) Paper puncher at the range ( red dot/reflex to scope ) Longer distance scope. I have one set up with my thermal, one with a PVS-14, one with a Nightforce, several with flip up sights and a couple with red dots ) I have several AR pistols/SBRs. Got to have one for all occasions. :)

LagunaH1

Got to shoot the new rifle today. I now see why AR style rifles are so popular. It was very easy and comfortable to shoot. -Gotta figure out something for optics though