• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.
  • The Swap Meet is not a regulated market, and buyers/sellers are not screened. Please do your homework before agreeing to anyone for any purchases or sales. If you have any questions about the user, please contact @Alrock via private message and I will attempt to provide any relevant information about the person, including location based on IP address. This is not a guarantee or promise of delivery but the addtional information may be helpful to you in your transaction. There are no guarantees here so use your judgement. Consider payment options like PayPal that have recourse (only when treated as a sale, and not as % between friends). Scammers will often use Zelle or ask for PayPal between friends because you cannot reclaim the money in the event of fraud or non-delivery. If a user has just joined and/or has few posts they should be viewed very cautiously.

H3 alpha drivetrain

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I pulled a 2008 H3 alpha drivetrain from a wrecked H3 earlier this year.

IMG_6505.jpeg

I pulled it, then a friend asked if he can buy it off of me to do a CA legal engine swap in his Land Rover that blew up a Land Rover V8. So he bought it, then he got intimidated by the swap and additional cost in an old rover so he’s gonna just find another factory rover v8 and swap that back in so I bought it back, and now am selling it and anyways, this setup belongs in an H3. It is still located in Southern California (where he lives)

$2500 5.3/4l60e includes wiring harness, air box, pcm/tcm, it has the accessory drive, fan, etc on the front of the motor.

Get current performance motor mounts, get a pcm/tcm tune and it bolts in and you have a CA legal engine swap. This is truly plug and play for 08-10 I5 H3s, some 07s are plug and play. 06 and some 07 H3s require splicing in 18-20 bcm wires.

It doesn’t include cats because the junkyard takes all catalytic converters so you will need those.

I did this swap before, it usually requires modifying an existing harness on your engine, piecing together parts of V8 4l60s and H3 specific 4l60 parts. You need very specific 4l60 year ranges from an electronics standpoint or finding an H3 alpha specific 4l60 which isn’t the easiest find. Anyways, this takes all the added guess work out of it and makes it simple.

Normally Id say first offer takes it but given its large size, I’d rather not ship it.

The one thing that is unknown is the mileage. It was in a junkyard and the cluster didn’t have power to it. I can run back and grab the vin if you want to run a car fax, with that said, the interior was immaculate. the drivers seat was 10/10. I grabbed the ac condenser off of it and it looked like it never had a speck of dirt on it. The crossmembers had no scratches or had been wheeled. I found the insurance card in the glovebox, admittedly I looked him up, he is an older gentleman that lived up in the mountains. I assume it was a solid get around the snow type of vehicle in the winter and he got t boned which totaled it.

jimmy p

Can't believe this hasn't already sold... as someone who searched for a year or two for all of the alpha specific parts I know this is a steal even if the engine or trans needs work. If it were local to me I would buy it as a spare

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Can't believe this hasn't already sold... as someone who searched for a year or two for all of the alpha specific parts I know this is a steal even if the engine or trans needs work. If it were local to me I would buy it as a spare
Right?! I’m shocked too

I pulled a 2008 H3 alpha drivetrain from a wrecked H3 earlier this year.

View attachment 31987

I pulled it, then a friend asked if he can buy it off of me to do a CA legal engine swap in his Land Rover that blew up a Land Rover V8. So he bought it, then he got intimidated by the swap and additional cost in an old rover so he’s gonna just find another factory rover v8 and swap that back in so I bought it back, and now am selling it and anyways, this setup belongs in an H3. It is still located in Southern California (where he lives)

$2500 5.3/4l60e includes wiring harness, air box, pcm/tcm, it has the accessory drive, fan, etc on the front of the motor.

Get current performance motor mounts, get a pcm/tcm tune and it bolts in and you have a CA legal engine swap. This is truly plug and play for 08-10 I5 H3s, some 07s are plug and play. 06 and some 07 H3s require splicing in 18-20 bcm wires.

It doesn’t include cats because the junkyard takes all catalytic converters so you will need those.

I did this swap before, it usually requires modifying an existing harness on your engine, piecing together parts of V8 4l60s and H3 specific 4l60 parts. You need very specific 4l60 year ranges from an electronics standpoint or finding an H3 alpha specific 4l60 which isn’t the easiest find. Anyways, this takes all the added guess work out of it and makes it simple.

Normally Id say first offer takes it but given its large size, I’d rather not ship it.

The one thing that is unknown is the mileage. It was in a junkyard and the cluster didn’t have power to it. I can run back and grab the vin if you want to run a car fax, with that said, the interior was immaculate. the drivers seat was 10/10. I grabbed the ac condenser off of it and it looked like it never had a speck of dirt on it. The cro

ssmembers had no scratches or had been wheeled. I found the insurance card in the glovebox, admittedly I looked him up, he is an older gentleman that lived up in the mountains. I assume it was a solid get around the snow type of vehicle in the winter and he got t boned which totaled it.
I need this motor, possibly trans and computer/wiring harness.

Wife's 06 needs a motor soooo more power coming next. We have been itching to start seriously building this thing for a couple years.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240427-000130.png
    Screenshot_20240427-000130.png
    1 MB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20240427-000359.png
    Screenshot_20240427-000359.png
    695.7 KB · Views: 9